Re: [Xen-users] SEDF and latency parameter

To: Timo Benk <timo.benk@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SEDF and latency parameter
From: Tim Freeman <tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:31:52 -0500
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:32:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:30:49 +0200
Timo Benk <timo.benk@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can someone explain or point me to some doku where the latency parameter
> for the SEDF Parameter is explained?

It's not compiled in by default.  It is a setting to use after a domain
blocks (forfeiting its full run guarantee in the period).  After a
block, every period afterwards the period and slice double until they
are back to their original settings (and if the domain blocks again,
this presumably keeps getting set back to the latency hint). This gives
the domain extra priority after the block.

The only documentation on this I know of is to run grep -C 10 "Part
2c" xen/common/sched_sedf.c

Tim