Re: [Xen-users] Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Peter Fokkinga skrev den 15-04-2006 16:50:
Quoting Morten Christensen <mc-xen@xxxxx>:
It's strange, I get exactly the same traceback in xend.log when
I run `/etc/init.d/xend start` when directory /var/run/xenstored
is missing. But I get no "xend" processes (just "[xenwatch]" and
"[xenbus]").

When you do `xm list`, you don't get any errors, do you?

xm list
Error: Error connecting to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend running?

That is consistent with what I am seeing. Could you try:

1. /etc/init.d/xendomains stop ; /etc/init.d/xend stop
2. mkdir /var/run/xenstored
3. rm /var/log/xen*
4. /etc/init.d/xend start

Now check /var/log/xen/xend.log and/or try `xm list` again.

If this still doesn't help then I'm out of ideas :-(

Peter
Now I have come a bit further.

If I:
Stop xend
Create /var/run/xenstored
Start xend
Run 'xm list' or ' xm crate -c vmo0.cfg'

then I do not get the error.

Every time I reboot, then /var/run/xenstored is deleted.
If xend is started without an existing xenstored, than it does not work.
If I stop xend, create xenstored and start xend, then I do not get theis error.

How are you starting xend ?

Thank you for your help.

--
Morten Christensen