[Xen-users] Re: yet another networking question

To: mbjohn@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: yet another networking question
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:09:08 +0200
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 22:14:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 03:13:08PM -0500,
 mbjohn@xxxxxxxx <mbjohn@xxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 73 lines which said:

> I have tried several things.  I thought that adding:

My personal and limited experience is that configuring IP addresses
in /etc/xen configuration files is not reliable.

> GATEWAY=x.y.250.129

Is the gateway configured? ('route -n')

> 1)  Name lookup does not work, from either my Dom0 or VM.

What is in /etc/resolv.conf? It should contain 'nameserver x.y.z.t'
where x.y.z.t is obviously a willing nameserver.

> After that, I get a 'no route to host' error.

See above for the gateway. Try with 'traceroute -n x.y.z.t' to see how
far you go.