Re: [Xen-users] Xen unstable boot halt on sServe 206

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen unstable boot halt on sServe 206
From: Simon <greminn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:48:47 +1200
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:50:30 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Bridge firewalling registered
> > md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
> > md: autorun ...
> > md: ... autorun DONE.
> > <----- gets to here somewhere ----->
> >
> > What i cannot show here (as i am not near the IBM server now), is that
> > it gets to a bit that says something about "NFS root" and thats where
> > it halts.... Does anybody have any idea here? I will post the full
> > output when i get back into work tomorrow morning.
>
> I think you should use packages from http://packages.debianbase.de/ as
> those you're using seems outdated.

An update here if someone could take a look please?... The actual
output on the screen was:

Bridge firewalling registered
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
Root NFS: No NFS Server Found
VFS Unable to mount root via NFS, trying floppy
VSF Insert root floppy and press enter
<-- HALT HERE -->

So i have reinstalled sarge and now used the packages from
http://packages.debianbase.de/ to install XEN and the instructions
from http://tomas.andago.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/XenSarge to install
and setup.... Upon reboot it gets to the same place as above and
automatically reboots the server (i cant tell if its EXCATLY the same
place as it happens too fast for me it check). Is there a way to
divert the output at boot time, or get it NOT to autoamtcally reboot?

This seems to be an issue with the IBM xSeries 206 and Xen? We are
running a SATA drive with this.

Thanks, Simon