RE: [Xen-users] state of ia64 and/or Altix?

To: "Tim Freeman" <tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] state of ia64 and/or Altix?
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:11:18 +0800
Cc: jpk@xxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 13:12:49 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, Tim,
        Long time ago, there're some patches from SGI guys (Greg
Edwards, I think) related to some sn2 specific setup issue, like console,
acpi, etc. But I'm not sure whether xen/ia64 worked on Altix box that time,
and neither for now. Maybe SGI people can say something? Simply in my
mind, SGI boxes have some more complex requirement, like big memory
holes (thus vmemmap), NUMA support, platform timer, etc. which
however all seems to be addressed/developed for xen/ia64 in the near
future...

        BTW, if you have any ia64 specific questions, xen-ia64-devel mailing
list on the CC list is the place you may want to go.

Thanks,
Kevin