[Xen-users] evms-ha + Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] evms-ha + Xen
From: Fraser Campbell <fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:03:02 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:04:23 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Curious if anyone here has tried evms-ha plugins with Xen and heartbeat.

My concept is to slice shared disks (SAN) into volumes and use volumes as VBDs for domUs. I am hoping that EVMS can offer some assurance that no 2 domUs will simultaneously access a given area of disk at the same time.

Has anyone here attempted this or is anyone aware of fundamental flaws in the idea?

I will certainly post HOWTOs if things work out.

Thanks,
Fraser