Re: [Xen-users] xen and software raid for domu

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen and software raid for domu
From: Eric Persson <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:02:11 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:03:23 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nicholas Lee wrote:
Use the debian sarge installer. Install standard debian first, get
that going. Then upgrade the kernel to xen. Should just work.
Thats basically what i tried, guess I have to try some more. I changed
kernel version, which might have been a bad idea. :)

If you can't get vanilla debian going on raid1 md devices, then you
probably shouldn't use it.  In a crisis, if you can't fix it, then you
are in trouble.
Yeah, have plenty of vanilla debians running sata raid, but none with
xen so far.

How come theres no central repository for different kernel configs for
different hardwares/stuff, thats "known" to work? Or is there?

Thanks for the help,

/eric