[Xen-users] Bridging and VLANs 802.1Q trunk

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Bridging and VLANs 802.1Q trunk
From: "Brian Wong" <bwlist@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:06:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:07:46 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
List,
I am having trouble setting up Xen with VLANs. I am only using one
network interface, and I plan to use this interface for all of the
guest instances as well. I have the switch port configured as a trunk
where it will receive the traffic for multiple VLANs. That said, the
host that I am configuring Xen on has network connectivity when I run
'vconfig add eth0 8' and I use the interface eth0.8.

Now I have some basic questions. How  is veth0 connected to vif0.0?
Sorry if it is an obvious answer.

Also, I understand that I should have one bridge for each VLAN and
that for each domU I can connect to the respective bridge/VLAN. I cant
even get dom0 to work on the VLAN mentioned above behind a bridge. I
suspect the configuration I am looking for looks like:

eth0->vif0.0->xenbr8->peth0.8->peth0

Where the only device configured with a MAC and IP is eth0. Is this
correct? Is the end result possible to achieve with the provided
'network-bridge' script? Any help will be much appreciated.