[Xen-users] Host operating system

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Host operating system
From: Eric Persson <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:47:20 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:47:59 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm about to try out Xen on one of our servers to host some customers with smaller performance demands and bigger concern of security. The first main question is what host operating system to choose from?

I thinking of either Red hat enterprise or debian, although I like the freedom of debian, I am also attracted to redhats promise of stability on hpservers(which we are using).

Not that I say debian is less stable, but the fact of redhat promising stability makes it a good argument upwards in the food chain. :)

Can anyone provide any pros and cons on which to choose, preferably from a xen point of view. :)

Thanks in advance,
        Eric