Re: [Xen-users] Kernel 2.6.15.4 and Xen

On 2 Mar 2006, at 15:31, Petersson, Mats wrote:
Is this a Xen supplied linux.tar.bz2 or a generic (e.g. from kernel.org
etc)?

From kernel.org.

You still need a patch from the Xen to apply to the standard kernel. In
the Xen distribution, you'll find a patch-2.6.16-rc4.bz2 for example,
which is the patch for the latest(ish) Xen & kernel. You'd need a 2.6.15
patch for the 2.6.15 kernel, of course.

This obviously applies also for kernel 2.6.12 for example, so nothing
changed here, although the format of the patch was more like a patch
directory structure (.../patches/linux-2.6.12/* for example).

In http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/xen-3.0- testing-src.tgz I see patches for 2.6.12.

Are patches available for other kernel versions, i.e. 2.6.15.4? If not, maybe I'd be better using a Xen-supplied kernel source tarball.

Cheers,

Mark.