[Xen-users] restarting the Network interface in Dom0

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] restarting the Network interface in Dom0
From: "Glen Davis" <GLDavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:46:21 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:47:11 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How can I stop and start my networking interface in Dom0 and have the DomU networking continue to work after this process?  I am new to Xen, so I am not sure if I am missing something here (using SLES10 beta5).

Here is what I did -

Dom0 -

network-bridge stop
ifdown eth0
ifup eth0
network-bridge start

After doing this networking is fine on Dom0, but networking is now not working on DomU.  I try ifdown,ifup and rcnetwork restart in DomU but it can't ping anyone.  Only if I actually down the entire virtual machine and bring it back up does networking work again.

Glen