[Xen-users] Xen 3.0 and a virtual net (brouter with masq)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 and a virtual net (brouter with masq)
From: Arjen Runsink <arjen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:34:24 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:35:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I am trying to create the following configuration:

dom0

|---eth2 Masquerading interface to OUTSIDE

|---eth0 LAN:10.0.1.1/24

|---eth1 WLAN:10.0.2.1/24

|---xenbr0 DMZ:10.0.3.1/24

|-- vifX.0 -- eth0 domU:10.0.3.2

I would like to do it this way because I will not be using xen all the time on this machine.

I created a network-virtual script which sets up the xenbr0 bridge and gives it an IP, analogues to how a brouting setup would be.

The vif-bridge script is unchanged and used when a domU is started to attach it's vif to it.

users on the LAN and WLAN are allowed to reach the DMZ and OUTSIDE

domU in the DMZ is allowed to reach OUTSIDE.

This all works, except for one thing. the domU does not react to incoming packages for it.

When I ping from a host on the LAN and run tcpdump on eth0 in the domU, I can see the icmp packages coming in like expected. But the domU just will not reply to them.

iptables were flushed etc.

no messages in dmesg or /var/log/messages on the domU

So maybe someone on this list might have an idea what setting might be the cause here?

BB, Arjen