Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough working on Xen 3!

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough working on Xen 3!
From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:18:09 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:19:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 22 February 2006 15:55, Jeff Noxon wrote:
> Thanks to the kind person(s) who worked on this.  I am using PCI
> passthrough right now and it works.  I hope support is added for VT
> domains too; That would be extremely useful.
>
> So far I have tried a NIC, USB, and PCI Video.  The NIC works flawlessly.
> USB works as long as the devices are present at the time the domain
> is started.  Hotplugging USB devices seems not to work.  If I open
> /dev/input/mice, and move my mouse around, I can see the mouse data.
>
> I have seen some dmesg output like this from USB:
>
> uhci_hcd 0000:00:01.3: Unlink after no-IRQ?  Controller is probably using
> the wrong IRQ.
>
> I couldn't do much of anything with PCI video (i.e., start X) because
> X relies on virtual terminal support, which Xenlinux doesn't provide.
> Does anyone know if there is a way around it?
>
> Here is my domU lspci output:

<snipped outputs>

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry that USB hotplug doesn't work for you, but I would like to let you,
and the developers, know that it is working on my system. I just tried it by
unplugging the printer and then back in and I can still print.

I'm using Gentoo with the following ebuilds:
xen-8885
xen-sources-2.6.16_rc3

Do you have Hotplug compiled in your kernel?

Please let me know if there is any specific information and/or config files
that you'd like me to send to the list as I'm not sure what might be
helpfull.

Kind regards,

Joost