[Xen-users] xm list not showing guest machines as "running"

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xm list not showing guest machines as "running"
From: David Kowis <dkowis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:57:51 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:58:25 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

as the screenshot [0] shows, my virtual machines aren't showing up as
running. This causes me a few problems. One being if I do xm shutdown
SMGL-1 it simply powers it down, it doesn't send the "shutdown signal"
or whatever makes it go away :) I've done a from source install using
the instructions mentioned [1]. Other than that it's working great. Am i
supposed to start some sort of daemon on the guest VM so that xm
list|top know that the machine is running? I'm really not sure why it's
not showing up as "running." Occasionally, I'll see a "b" in there, so I
know it's communicating somehow.

I'm using xen 3.0.1.

[0] http://static.flickr.com/37/103028680_6cd1bfb473_o.png
[1] http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-09/msg00701.html
- --
David Kowis

ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
Source Mage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
  - Robert Heinlein

  - Arthur C. Clarke