Re: [Xen-users] physdev in domU

To: Mathias Diehl <md@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] physdev in domU
From: Ryan <hap9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:05:37 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:05:58 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In Xen 3.0.2, (barring any future changes), you will do something like:

to specify three interfaces. For Xen 2.0.7, the 'nics' option *should*
only be specifying the virtual interfaces so you want nics=3. During
domain creation, Xend is unaware (and doesn't care) that the PCI devices
you are passing to your domU are ethernet devices. The physical ethernet
devices will only be recognized as network adapters when the drivers are
loaded within your domU.

Ryan