Re: [Xen-users] External modem in domU

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 3:59 pm, Ryan wrote:
> I'm curious, are others interested in driver domains for legacy devices
> (like serial ports, ps/2 ports, ISA cards)? What other kinds of
> devices/buses need to be supported with driver domains?

now that you mention...

the recent problems about low performance NFS between two domU's, and the
usual "turn off checksum offloading" advice makes me wonder if ethernet-level
virtual networking might not always be the best option.

what about a tap-based paravirtualized driver? (instead of the current
tun-based one)  would that be faster for inter-domU's networking?

--
Javier