Re: [Xen-users] firewalls and Xen

You are right, physin/physout should do the trick for well behaved interfaces and bridges (I am relatively new to firehol). The problem is that the xen interfaces don't seem to be entirely normal:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-01/msg00684.html

Not sure if this would break bridge filtering, but it should give you hint if things continue to not work.

FYI I am implementing a firewall using firehol in a domU. It has 3 interfaces which are plugged into 3 bridges in my dom0 (internet, lan, and dmz). Only 2 of the bridges connect to physical ethernet interfaces (internet, lan); the other one is meant for routing to dmz domU's only. My setup is not complete but partial tests are showing good results.

Cheers,
Dan.