Re: [Xen-users] 32Bit DomU on 64Bit Dom0 possible?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 32Bit DomU on 64Bit Dom0 possible?
From: Robin Schröder <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 11:51:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 11:03:15 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Patrick Meisel schrieb:
> Hello list,
>
> i am in the unfortunate position to have to install a software on our
> Opteron xen machine which will not run on Debian for x86_64. I tried the
> standard debian but that causes problems too.
> Now i was wondering - is there a way for xen to imitate a 32Bit System
> to the OS? I guess what would do the trick is if uname -m would report
> an ix86 as the installer of the software that i need seems to be using
> this...

All I know is that you can run a 32bit userland in a DomU while the DomU
Kernel is 64bit.

It runs very well on one of my 64bit Dom0s running a 64bit DomU Kernel
on a 32bit DomU userland with OpenGroupware.org installed on it. But
nevertheless "uname -m" says x86_64 then.

Greetings
Robin