Re: [Xen-users] XEN and cyrus pop3 timeouts

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN and cyrus pop3 timeouts
From: Rene Marticke <install@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 18:45:55 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:56:56 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

sorry for the pur informations. I found the issue and could fix it.

The problem was that the server runs out of so called entropy. (not really sure why/what ...)

Doing the follwoing fix this problem.
mv /dev/random /dev/random.backup
ln -s /dev/urandom /dev/random

On xenbased system the error was more often then on a system without.

Regards
Rene

Rene Marticke wrote:

Hi,

I setup a XEN-3.0 based mailserver (using kolab-system).
Now i have the problem that sometimes the POP3 connections timed out. (curier imap with ldap auth)

I installed the same mailserversetup on a system without xen --> no problems ?

Can you give me a hint, where the issue can be.

I'm sure, the problem is xen based because without it works.
I tried with /lib/tls and without.

Best Regards Rene.