Re: [Xen-users] an attempt to explain xen networking

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] an attempt to explain xen networking
From: Sanjay Upadhyay <glowfriend@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:31:56 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:12:24 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Patrick,
The explanation was much needed I guess for new people.
The diagrams are cool.

I personally would have some questions
a) Why is the ARP turned off on the real ethernet
b) earlier scripts(2.0.6) did not seem to create a virtual veth0, and
copy the mac address and IP from eth0 to veth0.. however they did work
too. Was there an apparent issue there ?
c) Just in case with two nics, I dont think the network-bridge script
is adequate.

Note: The natting part (I mean network-nat and vif-nat scripts do not
work on debian),  but a similar diagram would help :)

cheers