Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 16:08 schrieb Javier Guerra:
> On Tuesday 31 January 2006 10:00 am, Markus Hochholdinger wrote:
> > I don't like the thing with master slave in drbd. So the next version
> why? this scheme let's you eliminate the "write-twice" scheme of raid1.
> ok, a load balancing is nicer, but raid1 seems the worst.

correct. Writing twice is not that good. But my opinion is that this is easier
to handle.

> > I will set up a live environment with at least 4 boxes. For this I'd like
> > to use proved techniques. And i also will set up a development and
> > working environment with two storage servers and about four Xen hosts.
> > Here i can experiment a little. So i can implement tested things in the
> > live environment.
> i'm getting green with envy... here in Peru is so hard to get any budget to
> experiment!  all my tests so far are simulations with several QEMU
> instances.

OK, this sounds a little big but the company i will do this for has at least
three years spend no money for hardware (because of the bad economic
situation). And now all the hardware is very old and also the economic
situation is getting better. So i've to implement a solution that has a
future.

> > The need is all and the budget is small ;-)
> > All jokes aside, i will try to make a highend solution with cheap
> > hardware. Just like RAID does but for servers. OK, the hardware will not
> > that cheap. But thinking about scsi vs. sata you can save a lot of money.
> don't forget about the mechanical quality... i've been bitted (hard!) by
> not-so-good SATA backplanes that introduced lots of failures.

Yeah, i know sata is not that good. But that's the reason i will do it all
full redundant.

--
greetings

eMHa