[Xen-users] Network problems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Network problems
From: Christian Hobelsberger <hobi1972@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:02:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:12:02 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

i'm currently trying to get a Xen3 box running, but i have a strange problem, maybe someone can give me an idea!?

I have a Xen3 installation, configured for using bridged networking, in a domU i have a CentOs 4.2. I can boot up that domU and it seems everything to be pretty perfect! It is possible to login using ssh and the domU is pingable ... i have a apache running in that domU, it is accessible by the network, too ... so i assume, network is working in configured as needed.

But - when the virtual machine is up for a certain time (depends, 5 - 10 minutes), it is suddenly not responding any longer to eg. pings, apache is not accessible and connecting using ssh is almost impossible (but ssh tries to connect - so it seems as if ssh recognizes the sshd in the domU). Opening the console for domU does not show anything strange - it is only not possible to connect to the internet (so eg. it is not possible to install new packages with yum) ... restarting the network in the domU does not resolve the problem - only a reboot of the domU bring the network back again ...

And now the very strange thing!
If i keep a ping process pinging from the domU to the internet - the network keeps available and i can eg. access apache for hours!

Has anyone seens something? Or knows a solution?

Thanks in advances!