Re: [Xen-users] Getting started with Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Getting started with Xen
From: Ralph Passgang <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:37:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:47:30 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2006 20:26 schrieb Per Andreas Buer:
> Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> > In order to do this, I have ordered a dell poweredge 1850 bi-xeon, 4
> > gb ecc ram, and raid 1 SCSI disks. It also has dual power supplies and
> > dual port network cards. The idea is to have redundancy wherever
> > possible in order to lower the risk of server downtime.
>
> Sounds smart.
>
> > I would like to know if there is a "getting started" howto somewhere I
> > could play with on a test server before my production server comes in.
> > Also I would like to know if there are known issues with the hardware
> > I have ordered.
> >
> > I plan to use debian sarge for the host and all the virtual servers,
> > does it sound like a reasonable choice for Xen?
>
> Yes it is. I would recommend the Sarge packages at
>
> deb http://packages.debianbase.de/sarge/i386/xen3 ./

I strongly recommend using the pae enabled version or the 64bit version,
becaue otherwise not the complete 4gb ram will be useable.

32bit pae enabled version is here:
 deb http://packages.debianbase.de/sarge/i386/xen3-pae ./

or the 64bit version:
 deb http://packages.debianbase.de/sarge/amd64/xen3 ./