Re: [Xen-users] CPU Question

DIEDERIT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >    Hey @ all...
> >
> >    I'm running my guest machine with 2 vcpu.
> >
> >    [root@ingcsmdb02 ~]# xm vcpu-list
> >    Name                              ID  VCPU  CPU  State  Time(s)  CPU
> >    Affinity
> >    Domain-0                           0     0    0   r--    5368.1  any
> > cpu Domain-0                           0     1    -   --p       0.0
> > any cpu Domain-0                           0     2    -   --p       0.0
> >  any cpu Domain-0                           0     3    -   --p       0.0
> >   any cpu REDHAT                            13     0    1   r--    2196.8
> >  any cpu REDHAT                            13     1    2   -b-     927.4
> > any cpu
> >
> >    When I'm using the guest with an benchmark tool, only cpu 0 is
> > working. How can i make the system to work on both cpu's?
>
> VCPU1 is blocked, meaning it doesn't have any work to do.
> Perhaps your benchmark is only using one VCPU of your guest?

He was probably talking about cpu0 in dom0 which is working, while cpu1..3 are
assigned to dom0 and not working.

My guess here would be that dom0 isn't running an SMP kernel (xen assignes the
cpus to dom0, but the linux running there doesn't use them) or he configured
xend to take those cpus from dom0 again (unlikely, they should've have at
least a little bit of time spent then, for the time between kernel boot and
xend start)

/Ernst