Re: [Xen-users] Unstable Xen host

To: Mathias Diehl <md@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Unstable Xen host
From: Tim Cutts <tjrc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:01:33 +0000
Cc: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:09:10 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 17 Jan 2006, at 1:43 pm, Mathias Diehl wrote:

Hi Jamie,

actually I can't help - except sharing your experiences. We faced the situation on a rather old machine with XEN2 but didn't find any solution.

We found some threads regarding USB issues - but as we have USB disbaled that was no solution for us. With xen3 and new hardware everything's fine.... so far ;-)

The same thing's happening to me on my set up - my benchmark code code causes the domU to spontaneously reboot with no error messages anywhere. Very odd.

The hardware here has no USB controller, so it's not that. It's got no graphics hardware either, so you can discount that.

The domU sometimes reboots within a couple of seconds of starting the benchmark script (which in turn runs some bioinformatics applications)

I'll give Xen 3.0 a go to see if that fixes things for me too.

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute