Re: [Xen-users] ctrl-c doesn't work in domU consoles

Am Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2006 19:45 schrieb Eric Peterson:
> Well I finally had time to test the same procedures using FC4 and Ctrl-C
> works fine.

If I remeber it correctly, it works without problems on a suse domainU too. I
can test that tomorrow.

> So is this purely a debian problem?  Research seems to suggest it is, but
> why hasn't the rest of the world seen the problem?  Are we doing something
> wrong?

It's at least a debian problem. I have it on all my debian domainU's (about
20).

interessting is, that if you use "screen" in a xen console, then ctrl-c works
again. So it seems to problem with getty, right? They key is passed from
domain0 to domainU, just then debian getty seems to have a bug.

"stty -a" on a debian domainU (via console) where ctrl-c is not working:
speed 38400 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W;
lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0
ff0
isig icanon -iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt
echoctl echoke

"stty -a" on the same domainU (via console), but in a screen session (ctrl-c
works there):
speed 9600 baud; rows 24; columns 80; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^H; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W;
lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 0; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk brkint ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon -ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab3 bs0 vt0
ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt
echoctl echoke

I know it's not great, but for a domainU with no network access using screen
would be a workout until this gets fixed.

> Let me know what I can do to help determine the problem.

we should probably sumbit a bug report against getty in the debian bug
tracking system, maybe the maintainer of getty knows what going on here. I
have no clue...

> Thanks.
> Eric

--Ralph