[Xen-users] Xen won't boot after connecting to EMC san

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen won't boot after connecting to EMC san
From: John S Little <JSLittl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:57:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:04:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've installed Xen 3 from Mercurial.  The Xen3 kernel boots ok finding all
of the necessary devices until I plug in the fibre connection to the san.
When I do that it fails just after finding sdc (the san drive) with the
message:

can't find sda3 (this is the / partition)
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

I'm using a SLES 9 sp 2 box.  My menu.lst is:

title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
        kernel (hd0,0)/xen-3.0.gz console=vga dom0_mem=262144
        module (hd0,0)/vmlinuz-2.6-xen selinux=0 root=/dev/sda3
console=tty0
        module (hd0,0)/initrd-xen

Any idea why adding the san drive (sdc) would cause it to not be able to
find sda3 (the / drive)?

Thanks for any ideas, insights and suggestions.

John Little
Hendricks Regional Health IS Department
317-718-4752
jslittl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx