[Xen-users] module trouble

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] module trouble
From: Stephan Jong <stephan.de.jong@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:01:04 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:20:25 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

A couple of questions that I'm not certain about even after searching the wiki
and this mailinglist. Maybe someone of you can put me on the right path.
I read in the installation notes on the wiki the advice to compile *-xen kernel
instead of a xen0 and xenU to have wider hardware support. I guess this advice
is just for xen 3.0, correct? At least with 2.0.7 it does not seem to work.
I've been running for a couple of months 2.0.7 ok, but without support for some
of my hardware (e.g. 2 saa7134 tv-cards). I haven't switched to 3.0 yet because
I understand 3.0 does not (yet?) support hiding devices from domain 0 to be
used direct by a guest domain.Correct?
Does anyone know if there is a different possibility to do this in 3.0 or when
it is planned to be supported?

Can anyone point me to a howto to add modules to the kernel for certain
hardware. Or how to apply the xen patch to the kernel source of a distribution
(already containing additions for a lot of hardware) instead of the pristine
source? I tried to do this before in 2.0.6 but that did not work out very well.
Apparently I screwed up the config file, so during the compilation I got a lot
of questions that I did not know the answer to (do I need that or not?).

I hope somebody can help me, thanx in advance
regards Stephan