[Xen-users] changing settings

To: Xen Users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] changing settings
From: Anand <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 02:28:21 +0530
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:03:56 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This could be considered offlist but i couldn't think of anywhere else to ask this question.

I took a centos image from http://jailtime.org/ for xen, and mounted it using loop back interface.

mount -o loop centos.img /mnt/disk

Now i did a chroot to /mnt/disk and executed hostname -v xyz.test.com and exited from it.

The hostname changed inside the image, however it also changed for the host machine. I am confused here, after doing a chroot, shouldn't the hostname change only inside the chrooted image ? and not on the host machine ? Any help would be appreciated.

--

regards,

Anand