Re: [Xen-users] User access to "xm console"

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] User access to "xm console"
From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 03:53:58 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 03:59:03 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 01:15:58AM -0500, Derrik Pates wrote:
> I've gone to the length of adding code to my custom domU provisioning
> script to set up a plain user for each created domain, with the GECOS
> field containing the full name of the domain to attach to. Each of them
> is a member of a group (I call it 'vscons'). I assign these users a
> shell of /usr/local/bin/xencons-sh, which contains the following:
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> /usr/sbin/xm console $(getent passwd $(id -u) | cut -d ':' -f 5)

Thanks Derrik.  That's pretty much what I'd come up with too -
although I didn't think of using the GECOS field that way.  That's
going to be a useful stop-gap idea until I get around to
implementing LDAP or something, as there's now so many things that
the users need to log into...