Re: [Xen-users] suse10/LVM/DomU cant start - no vbd

To: Dirk Estreng <dirk.estreng@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] suse10/LVM/DomU cant start - no vbd
From: Daniel Goertzen <goertzen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:17:34 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 01:23:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dirk Estreng wrote:

The domU guest os (suse10) says:

Waiting for device /dev/sda1 to appear:  ok
rootfs:  major=8 minor=1 devn=2049
Mounting root /dev/sda1
mount: No such device

I had the same problem when my domU kernel had scsi compiled into it. Removing scsi from the kernel fixed the problem. My guess is the scsi drivers prevented the vbd drivers from attaching to device 8,1.

Dan.