Re: [Xen-users] No init found.

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 14:00 +0800, Colin Coe wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have dom0 happy now but am having real issues with domU.
>
> Hardware
> - IBM HS20 Blade (884325M)
> - 2G RAM
> - 36G sda (hardware RAID1)
>
> Software
> - RHEL ES4 update 2
> - Xen 3.0.0 pre-built binaries for x86_64 (untar's to
> 'xen-unsatble-install')
>
> Config
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.xenU"
> memory = 256
> name = "vm1"
> disk = [ 'phy:rootvg/xen_vm1,sda1,w' ]
> hostname = "vm1"
> root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
>
> domU fstab
> /dev/sda1          /                    ext3         defaults
> 1 1
> none                     /dev/pts             devpts       gid=5,mode=620
> 0 0
> none                     /proc                proc         defaults
> 0 0
> none                     /dev/shm             tmpfs        defaults
> 0 0
>
> dom0's / (/dev/rootvg/root) has been copied to /dev/rootvg/xen_vm1 and the
> relevent mods made.
>
> Do I need to roll my own initrd?  How do I do this for Xen?  I've read about

Not necessarily.  domU initrd aren't usually necessary as far as I know,
but I have made several of them on the same distribution and version as
you on that type of blade with commands like

cd /lib/modules
depmod 2.6.12.6-xenU
mkinitrd --omit-scsi-modules /boot/initrd-2.6.12.6-xenU.img 2.6.12.6-
xenU

Can you post output from 'xm create -c' for your domU as well as the
domU configuration?

Good luck.
Andrew