[Xen-users] dom0 memory requirement

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] dom0 memory requirement
From: "Costa, Jeff" <jcosta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:09:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:12:17 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there a recommended minimum size for dom0's memory footprint? I recall reading that the hypervisor requires 40 MB for itself. And yes, I realize that you can dynamically resize dom0 using the "xm mem-max" and "xm mem-set" commands.

I'm looking for a best practice out there for sizing dom0 RAM that should be followed. Any ideas?

Jeff

"This email (including any attachments) is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose, distribute or rely on the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the email from your system. Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you. Lend Lease does not guarantee that this email or the attachment(s) are unaffected by computer virus, corruption or other defects. Lend Lease may monitor incoming and outgoing emails for compliance with its Email Policy. Please note that our servers may not be located in your country."