[Xen-users] DRBD and XEN

To: drbd-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DRBD and XEN
From: Lee LIsts <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:32:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:33:55 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'am trying to use DRBD with XEN 3.0, the xen kernel is an 2.6.12.6 and i am using DRBD 0.7.14.
The primary node is an opensuse 10 linux (not virtualized).
The 2 volumes are LVM logical volumes with internal metadatas, there size is 54G.

The secondary node is an opensuse 10 also but running over xen domain-0.

When i setup drbd, synchronisation starts, but the whole system just reboots a few seconds after.

I don't know if the problem is xen or drbd related ? Unfornately I have no traces on the xen node.

I set "ecbo 60 > /proc/sys/kernel/panic", but it doesn't seem to be a kernel panic, but a "xen" panic.

Please help.

-
-
-
 syncer {
   # Limit the bandwith used by the resynchronisation process.
   # default unit is KB/sec; optional suffixes K,M,G are allowed
   #
   rate 4M;

   # All devices in one group are resynchronized parallel.
   # Resychronisation of groups is serialized in ascending order.
   # Put DRBD resources which are on different physical disks in one group.
   # Put DRBD resources on one physical disk in different groups.
   #
   group 1;

   # Configures the size of the active set. Each extent is 4M,
   # 257 Extents ~> 1GB active set size. In case your syncer
   # runs @ 10MB/sec, all resync after a primary's crash will last
   # 1GB / ( 10MB/sec ) ~ 102 seconds ~ One Minute and 42 Seconds.
   # BTW, the hash algorithm works best if the number of al-extents
   # is prime. (To test the worst case performace use a power of 2)
   al-extents 257;
 }

 on teddy {
   device     /dev/drbd0;
   disk       /dev/sysb/wtmp2;
   address    192.168.5.20:7788;
   meta-disk  internal;

   # meta-disk is either 'internal' or '/dev/ice/name [idx]'
   #
   # You can use a single block device to store meta-data
   # of multiple DRBD's.
   # E.g. use meta-disk /dev/hde6[0]; and meta-disk /dev/hde6[1];
   # for two different resources. In this case the meta-disk
   # would need to be at least 256 MB in size.
   #
   # 'internal' means, that the last 128 MB of the lower device
   # are used to store the meta-data.
   # You must not give an index with 'internal'.
 }

 on bear {
   device    /dev/drbd0;
   disk      /dev/xvg/wtmp2;