[Xen-users] Xen 3.0 and Hyperthreading an issue?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 and Hyperthreading an issue?
From: "Cole, Ray" <Ray_Cole@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:05:56 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:11:17 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just gave 3.0 a spin.  Had been running 2.0.7 for the past 3 months or so
without problems (aside from intermittent failure during live migration).
Anyway, 3.0 seems to have an issue with my machine.  It starts up the 4 domains
that I've got defined (was running 6 user domains with 2.0.7, but two of those
were running 2.4 kernels which I can't seem to build with Xen 3.0 yet, and I
see from the readme file it isn't yet supported so I'm not complaining :-)
Once the 4 user domains starts the machine will suddenly reboot.  I added a
sleep inbetween individual domain startups in xendomains and was able to get it
to start up without rebooting, but then after about 5 or so minutes the machine
rebooted again.

I turned hyperthreading off on the machine and it seems to be able to boot with
all 4 user domains just fine without the need for sleeps inbetween (very
consistently dies if HT is enabled and I don't sleep a little while between
domain starts).  So I'm leaving HT off for now to see if it remains stable with
HT disabled.

I was going to report this on bugzilla, but bugzilla.xensource.com is giving me
a server error right now.

-- Ray