[Xen-users] Emulex SAN card support

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Emulex SAN card support
From: "Mark C. Ballew" <mballew@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:53:17 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:52:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xen users,

I am in the process of buying a Xen machine to do testing and see if Xen is
a good choice for our site. I will be deploying version 3, but it won't be
in production for some months.

My question is, has anyone used the Emulex dual channel fc cards in Xen?
Where there any special tricks involved in getting it to work? I've read
some of the other posts on the mailing lists, and some people say to use
Qlogic cards with CLVM, which I haven't used yet.

Hardware specs:

Sun Fire x4200 with:
2 x 254 Opterons
73 x 2 SAS disk
Quad channel ethernet
Emulex PCI-2 2G Dual Channel FC Host card
--
Mark C. Ballew                          University of California
mballew@xxxxxxxx                        Office of the President