[Xen-users] Page table modes

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Page table modes
From: "Michael Levenhagen" <mjleven@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:06:14 -0700
Cc: RBBRIGH@xxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:06:33 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there any information on how to enable the various Page Table Update mechanisms? I'm porting a light weight kernel to Xen and up to this point I've been using the HYPERVISOR_mmu_update method. I've come to realize that the OS I'm porting will not work with this method. I would like to try using shadow mode but can't find any info on how to enable it. Hoping to get some insight I built Linux with CONFIG_XEN_SHADOW_MODE enabled but the kernel does not boot.

I've asked a question about enabling the different page table update mechanisms in the past and did not get a response. Is this the correct forum to ask this type of question?

Thanks
Mike Levenhagen