[Xen-users] Migration and relocation parameters

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Migration and relocation parameters
From: Ian Brown <ianbrn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:45:46 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:45:59 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I have the latest xen-unstable which
I pulled from the mercurial repository today
(changeset:7793:090e44133d40 from 14/11).
I tried to use migration and it failed.(details are below).

I want to know if this has to do to definitions in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
on the side who initiates the migration (or maybe on the side
to which we want to migrate to ???)

I would appreciate if anybody will comment on this:
How should relocation parameters in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
on the "client" (the one who initiates the migration) be set (if at all)?
Should any relocateion parameters be set on the "server" (the
side we want to migrate to? )

The relocateion paramters I am talking about are:
xend-relocation-server
(I assume it should be "yes"

xend-relocation-port

xend-relocation-address ''
xend-relocation-address localhost
should "xend-relocation-address localhost" be commented ?
or should "xend-relocation-address set to some address ?

Should "xend-address localhost" be commented ? (as I
understand, specifying 'localhost' for xend-address
prevents remote connections.).

What I tried is running the following commands:

xm migrate myDomU 127.0.0.1

This hangs (does not return to prompt) and from
a different terminal xm-list shows:

Domain-0                           0       59     1 r-----   101.8
migrating-myDomU                   3       32     1 ---s--    20.4

When I try:
xm migrate myDomU 10.0.0.25

where 10.0.0.25 is a different machine on the same LAN
(conencted through a hub) I get:

Error: can't connect: Connection refused

(which is "ECONNREFUSED" errno).

Any ideas ?
IB