[Xen-users] Xen on VMWare

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen on VMWare
From: "Ian W" <iw05t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:29:07 -0500
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:29:16 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm new to Xen and I'm trying to install Xen2.0 on VMWare Workstation 4.5. The host OS is Fedora Core 3. I downloaded the Xen source and did a 'make world' and 'make install' followed by 'mkinitrd' for the initial ram disk. I also disabled TLS.

I configured the grub.conf file and the rebooted the system.

I get a bunch of (XEN) messages at startup, probably meaning Xen is starting, then mounts the filesystem and starts INIT.

I get to the 'Welcome to Fedora..'
starting dev...    [OK]
starting hardware...

At this point the screen goes blank and VMWare pops a message:
"VMWare Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)
ASSERT F(554): 1448 bugNr=3743
..."

Any help would be most welcome.
Thanks!
-Ian

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.