Re: AW: [Xen-users] Use hard drive as physical mem for xen vm

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AW: [Xen-users] Use hard drive as physical mem for xen vm
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:18:47 +0000
Cc: "'Petersson, Mats'" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>, "Oliver Neumann \[New Identity AG\]" <oliver.neumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:20:19 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If MySQL really needs that much memory, doing swapping externally to the guest
would likely lead to awful performance (even if we could do it...), so you'd
be shooting yourself in the foor.

Xen 3.0 will let you use all the 8Gig under PAE or x86_64 mode.

Cheers,
Mark