[Xen-users] left over loop devices

To: Xen User List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] left over loop devices
From: Steven Howe <steven.howe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:00:00 -0800
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 23:27:40 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is my first attempt at XEN, so hopefully this isn't too stupid a question.

I'm using Fedora Core 4 with XEN rpms:
xen-3.0-0.20050912.fc4
kernel-xenU-2.6.12-1.1454_FC4
kernel-xen0-2.6.12-1.1454_FC4

My learning curve speeds up as I very parameters and observe the results. So I've been stopping, and
reboot both the domain0 and domainU system, while experimenting I've been left with a rash of loop
devices shadow mounted to my file backed VDBs.

The problem is, after a shutdown of a client domain from inside the domain, then running a
'xm destroy domainname',  I still have loop devices left over. Natually, I run out very fast, as my
virtual server config uses two loops for root, swap.
Sometimes I am able to remove them via:
losetup -d /dev/loopX.
Some times not. If I can remove one, I can remove all. But if not one, none (at least its a consistent
problem).

Any advice?

Thanks,
Steven Howe