Re: [Xen-users] xenConsole r0.15 is available

To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xenConsole r0.15 is available
From: "Stig H. Jacobsen" <shj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 02:04:21 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:04:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/5/05, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you seen the "xenstat" and "XenMon" projects?  These are both based on
> xen-unstable (Xen 3.0).

Interesting, thanks! I wasn't aware of them, but will check them out.

The current top-like functionality in xenConsole is limited to what
'xm list' provides, so I hope to figure out how to access the Xen API
from Perl somehow. It also seems pretty wastefull to call a Python
script (xm) every few seconds from a Perl script :-)

> xenConsole looks pretty cool.  Will it run on NetBSD also?

Very likely, yes. There is nothing Linux-specific in xenConsole, but I
haven't had a chance to test it on a bsd-box myself, so minor quirks
may pop up. It is mostly a POE + Curses::UI application, so if these
Perl packages work, then xenConsole should too.

--
Stig