Re: [Xen-users] vif-antispoof

To: Mats Engstrom <mats.engstrom@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] vif-antispoof
From: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:54:39 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:53:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Mats,

Mats Engstrom schrieb:

Hi Dirk,
I also had problems getting it to work when I tried it some months ago. As
far as I can remember I had just the same symptoms as you.
In order to get have the iptables correctly setup by vif-bridge in
antispoof-mode the kernel must have the pysdev option in the netfilter
section enabled and/or loaded as a module. When compiled into the kernel the
line in the .config -file should look lite this:
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_PHYSDEV=y
After recompling and installing a new Dom0-kernel it worked just fine.

Yes, you are right, that's it. Thanks!

But one more question: How did you find out THAT? I am not really into netfilter yet, and there is no hint in the docs I found.

Ah, and still on more question: Did you test/do you know if the antispoof feature prevents IP spoofing only or ARP spoofing as well?

Dirk