Filesystems that support migration [Was: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Live Migrat

To: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Filesystems that support migration [Was: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Live Migration Config]
From: Nate Carlson <natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:18:49 -0600 (CST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:16:11 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Tom Brown wrote:
but then I haven't managed to build a filesystem that could be migrated and allows high performance... so it isn't much of a loss :)

[nfs works, but performance bites when compared to a fully cached local block device... anyone wanna start a new thread?]

I just use a SAN with fibre channel.. works great. I'm using CLVM, so all the xen0 boxes see the block devices with the same names; also using GFS to share home directories and such within the domU's.

Beats the crap out of the NFS solution I used to use.. :)