[Xen-users] Re: SSL TOE

Mark Williamson schrieb:
>>Does this mean that direct access to PCI devices from a privileged domU
>>will not be available in 3.0?
>
> It should return; preferably it'd be before the release if somebody is able
> come up with a solution that makes everyone happy.

I really hope so! I think that's a crucial feature for standalone XEN
machines as it gives you the same flexibility for virtualized as for
non-virtualized machines.

If that feature doesn't make it's way in 3.0, will there be support for
newer kernels in 2.x later on (or at least up to the point where 3.x has
the same features as 2.x)?

Greetings,
Markus