RE: [Xen-users] Pacifica/VT

To: mogensv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Pacifica/VT
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:43:49 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:40:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I could make you happy, and myself unhappy (i.e. looking for a different
job) by telling you something, _IF_ I knew. I don't know, so there's no
risk that I would leak something ... ;-)

> It's even more difficult finding out whether AMD will support
> S939 with these upcoming cpu's, or it will be M2.
> Likewise WRT which type of memory, DDR/DDR2...

I don't know the answer to this either.

Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, the answers to the above
questions are kept secret, and although I work for AMD, I'm not privvy
to the information you ask for. Even if I was, I wouldn't be allowed to
tell you [or anyone else that didn't have the NDA]. I know you think
we're just doing this to either frustrate people or to make people buy
the current hardware even tho' the next generation is going to be
different. That's not quite the objective here, but we don't really want
everyone [especially SOME people in the competing company ;-)] to know
what we're up to when it comes to next generation hardware.

> Is it possible to have even vague comments on this?
> Has a lot to say on nearterm hardware buys.

Sorry that I can't help. I'd love to, and I think you understand that...

--
mats