Re: Re: [Xen-users] DomU networking help please

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: [Xen-users] DomU networking help please
From: Andrew Olds <aolds@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 22:36:37 +1300
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:34:11 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All working and very cool.
Here is what I did.
Changed the domu address to 10.0.0.15 so in same subnet as dom0.
didn't need to restart xend after all and in fact this adds the dom0 eth0
address to the bridge which although you can ping all around causes major
routing probs when trying to use ssh or vnc.
so step by step this is what I did.
1. boot dom0
2. /etc/xen/scripts/network start
3 xm create RHL
4 /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge up domain=RHL vif=vif1.0 bridge=xen-br0
mac="aa:bb:cc:dd:00:11"
and thats it.
I can now VNC and even do a full Centos update from within the session.
Navigating the X session takes a bit of getting used to but otherwise Xen rocks.

Yes you are all right I had to change to 10.0.0.15 and also see my previous
reply about additional steps.
Its all working now.
Next challenge, try to get VNC working. :)