RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 - dom0 with 32bit userland vs domU with 64bit us

To: "Nicholas Lee" <emptysands@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen ml" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 - dom0 with 32bit userland vs domU with 64bit userland?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:25:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:30:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's what I'd be thinking too, and I'm not aware of any gotcha's in
this area [somone else with more experience in this combo might be able
to tell more]. For now [1], all kernels need to be the same bitness and
PAE-ness, but the standard 64-bit kernel supports 32-bit apps, and that
should just work, whether it's on top of Xen or not shouldn't make any
difference.

[1] Once virtualization HW becomes available, there will be a
possibility of running a 64-bit Xen/Dom0 with 32-bit OS's as guests. But
at the moment, Virtualization hardware isn't publicly available from
either AMD or Intel. I don't know what timescales this will be made
available...

--
Mats