Re: [Xen-users] xen 2.0.7 on VIA C3 (EPIA)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen 2.0.7 on VIA C3 (EPIA)
From: Chris Brookes <cbrookes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 08:24:25 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 13:22:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 02/10/05, glen martin <glenm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've gotten to this failure now (well, I have less RAM).
>
> So it's been a month since Chris posted orginally ... has anyone
> made any progress beyond this point, or is this breaking new ground?

I heard reports that the C3 Nehemiah core in the (EPIA M10000 etc) is
a more fully rounded i686, supporting both CMOV and the page sizes Xen
expects to use, so I've orded a CL10000 board. It's clocked at 1Ghz,
and has Dual LAN on board, so I'm expecting it to offer additional
flexibility for my Xen environment. I think the CPU still only
consumes around 14 watts at full load, so the whole thing will still
offer excellent power efficiency. I'll report back on my progress with
this board later in the week.

Chris