Re: [Xen-users] booting domU with current xen-unstable?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] booting domU with current xen-unstable?
From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 01:23:05 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 08:21:55 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Kip Macy wrote:

> A lot of people have been having problems lately, however, I'm happily
> running a 4-way guest on a build from last Sunday. If you're using
> loopback you need an absolute path to the file, and you need to have
> udev or at least hotplug scripts installed in order for the backend to
> be brought up.

Nope... just a simple raw partition... I had trouble with LVM a long time
ago and haven't gone back to anything fancy... although I should for some
of our stuff.

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xenU"
memory = 256
name = "centos"
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sdd3,hda1,w' ]
root = "/dev/hda1"
extra = "ro single "

The box is a dual 2.8Ghz xeon, 4 gig of RAM, 4 SATA drives. I did
complile my own kernel... The same config file runs fine under
2.0-testing ... (I just booted it and then had to stop to figure
out why it was working -- duh, not running 2.0-unstable anymore)...
(I haven't looked at it since the 28th.)

-Tom